Friday, October 27, 2006
1-0 under Stevens!!
Steven's first game behind the Flyers Bench turned out to be a winner! A 3-2 Shootout win for the Flyers, knocking off the Number 2 team in the East. This was a great game and hopefully a stepping stone on their way up the standings.
Forsberg looked very good last night. He had that sweet Powerplay goal in the 3rd and gave the Flyers their 2nd goal in the shootout. The Captain played like a captain last night.
Gagne, what was he thinking when they had that 3-1 in the second? Forget trying to get Ruzicka his first NHL goal...there are over 70 games left...worry about his one first! But he did redeem himself in the shootout by starting it all off with a pretty goal.
I was very impressed with the special teams last night. The Penalty Kill looked very good and the Powerplay scored, and that's all that matters there. I hope the Flyers are on the right track, and I hope they turned the corner last night. I still think they need to get a good speedy defenseman, and I don't know if they will be able to this season. If they do this season, they should make the playoffs, not much more. With the current D now? Let's just say I won't hold my breath and lets also hope I'm wrong.
Hopefully I'll post some time this weekend about the Sixers...Don't worry, I didn't forget about them, thought with all indications I'm getting from them so far, I think I will be wishing I did.
Forsberg looked very good last night. He had that sweet Powerplay goal in the 3rd and gave the Flyers their 2nd goal in the shootout. The Captain played like a captain last night.
Gagne, what was he thinking when they had that 3-1 in the second? Forget trying to get Ruzicka his first NHL goal...there are over 70 games left...worry about his one first! But he did redeem himself in the shootout by starting it all off with a pretty goal.
I was very impressed with the special teams last night. The Penalty Kill looked very good and the Powerplay scored, and that's all that matters there. I hope the Flyers are on the right track, and I hope they turned the corner last night. I still think they need to get a good speedy defenseman, and I don't know if they will be able to this season. If they do this season, they should make the playoffs, not much more. With the current D now? Let's just say I won't hold my breath and lets also hope I'm wrong.
Hopefully I'll post some time this weekend about the Sixers...Don't worry, I didn't forget about them, thought with all indications I'm getting from them so far, I think I will be wishing I did.